We are looking for one of our clients :
In a strong external and internal competition environment, the Plant Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all manufacturing activities of a plant of about 300 employees and 50 injection machines, including production, materials, quality control, and manufacturing engineering, to produce products in the most cost-effective way, while meeting shipping requirements and sales commitments.
The Production zone is characterized by standard products, with a limited range of technology and limited added value requiring strong automatization and lean analysis of all the processes.
The Distribution center is key for the warehouse and the transportation of our main markets: France, Dach (Germany, Austria Switzerland), Benelux
The Plant Manager typically requires a broad background in manufacturing technology and in supply chain management, line management experience, and an understanding of related administrative areas.
Representative Activities :
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintains plant cleanliness and equipment to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Implements continuous improvement/Lean manufacturing.
- Ensures effective customer service and relations with the different markets of the plant through on-time delivery of quality products.
- Ensures compliance of all operations with company policy and state regulations.
- Optimizes production in accordance with the forecast.
- Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing & distribution costs through effective use of manpower, equipment, facilities, material (use of regrind for instance) and capital.
- Manages spending against budget and in relation to changes in the production volume.
- Responsible for plant and distribution / production goals, putting in place and following up of KPI’s.
- Selects, trains, develops, and motivates staff to maintain Manufacturing and Logistics/Distribution.
- P&L accountability for the plant.
- Defines the site strategical plans, presents them to the group and follows them.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Leader, driver and initiative mindset
- Effective communication with both external and internal customers/partners/suppliers/markets
- Strong financial understanding, the Plant Manager will have experience in budgeting, analysis of investments, payback and costing issues
- Responsive to market and organizational developments, a willingness to take on responsibility and the drive to make changes happen
- Ability to set clear strategy, objectives and a persistence in ensuring the follow-up
- Ability to lead diverse line and support functions
- A self-starter who sets high personal goals and pursues them with perseverance
- A motivated professional, with a straightforward approach to problem solving and decision making, who is flexible, has a hands-on approach
- A strong leadership behavior, able to manage a Senior management team, giving them direction and motivation
- Ability to generate and manage the change
- University degree-level in engineering (generalist or technical)
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of the unit operations (similar experience, minimum 8-10 years as factory manager)
- At least 10 years’ experience in industry and 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role (manufacturing and logistics /distribution)
- Headcount: +/-300 fixed employees and temps
- Tonnage processed: 15 000 tons, 35 million of pieces
- Number of plastic injection machines: 50
- Warehouse: 55 000 pallets
- Ability to work in an industrial, multicultural environment
- Fluent in French & English
Recruitment Process :
1 online interview followed by 1 or 2 on site interviews to meet with HR and the Management. Interviews will be conducted in English and French.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application by email: email@example.com